Monday, November 21, 2016

Sofia (Bulgaria, Europe)

Tags

After the summer holidays, starts the season of low cost and short trips in Europe.
This time it was in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria.

2 giorni a Sofia

Looking with the brave skyscanner, I found a Ryanair flight leaving on Friday and returning Sunday for the modest sum of 18 euro return.
After only 2 hours by plane, then, here I am in Sofia, ready for this new adventure.

Sofia

To reach the city center from the airport, I accidentally came down from M2 to change with the M1, but it was not necessary, since the return I took the M2 direct from the airport center.
Also, beware, because the turnstiles to enter the subway is open to the right of where you enter a ticket :)

I arrived at my hostel with a private room without bath (but for 38 euro for 2 nights that you claim?) And after a short nap in my pretty room, I immediately started to discover Sofia.

Did you know that Sofia is the third oldest capital of Europe? Not me :)
Founded in the seventh century BC, it was first a Thracian settlement, then it was conquered by the Romans, with the consequent presence today of Roman ruins and no, that never hurts: p

antiche rovine

Among the top attractions of Sofia, grouped more or less all in the town center, we have:
National Palace of Culture Congress Centre, Bulevard Tsar Osvoboditel, Pametnik na Tsar Osvoboditel, Amphitheatre of Serdica, Hran Sv. Sedmochislenitsi, Sveta Petka Samardjiyska, Sofia University Saint Kliment Ohidski, Ivan Vazov National Theater, Sv. Nedelya, Bulevard Vitosha, Saint Sofia Church , The Rotunda of St George (Sveti Georgi), Saint Nikolas Russian Church (Tsurkva Sveta Nikolai), Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski.
Of which post some pictures random.

Sofia Centro
foto di Sofia
statua
monumento
fontana
statua con piccione
chiesa
statua a Sofia
chiesa russa
colonne
scultura macchina
rovine

Sofia is a city that lends itself well to being shot in the foot, but of course it is also well supplied with public, very punctual and economic means.

The second day in Sofia I dedicated to a trip outside the city, as well or badly the city you visit all in one day (if like me you are not types of museums).
I went to the Rila Monastery.
Rila Monastery, despite being a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and despite being very nice, maybe not worth the whisk of the bus trip.
Really impressive, however, are the storks' nests that are located on the roofs of some countries that are encountered on the way to Rila.

Nido di cicogna

Also finished the trip to the Rila Monastery, I am back in town and I made one last walk, and then leave the next morning for Italy.

Sofia I liked quite like the city, is fairly clean and also seems safe.
I had a little 'scared the history of randaggi, but the ones I have met were absolutely harmless.


In addition, despite the huge presence of the homeless and people who rummages in the garbage, no one bothers you.
Of course, I have not shot at night, but by day the city of Sofia seemed pretty safe and quiet. The only flaw, traffic.

And even with this low cost trip is all, I leave the usual photo album and see you at the next whirlwind trip :)

>> Sofia Photos <<