Sunday, November 20, 2016

Brunate (Italy)

Tags

Did I ever tell you about when I went from Como to Brunate walk?
It was a dark and stormy night ... just kidding, it was a walk (in the true sense of the word), but let's order.

Brunate

How to get to Brunate from Milan
Get to Brunate from Milan is very simple, just take a comfortable train from Cadorna, that in less than an hour and for less than 5 euro takes you to Como.

I had already been in Como a few times (read my post on Como), but I had never climbed up to Brunate and then on Saturday afternoon, I made this short and quick half-day trip.

To get to Brunate usually take the funicular, but I, being a sportsman, I said to myself "why not do it on foot?"

funicolare per Brunate

From Como to Brunate walk
Climb up to Brunate walk is something doable in about 1 hour walk.
Just exit the station, go right and follow the road along the mountain climb.
The church, climb to the left and then the first steps that you find (I got one in Via Stoppani, but perhaps there was also another first), get on it.

chiesa di como
scalinata per brunate

Keep going until you find a crossroad.
If you follow the road to Brunate Falchetto (the left) lengthen a little 'making the way more cars, while taking the path / stairway straight salt, via Carescione, you will cut a little' following the path of the cable car, walking a bit ' more in the nature.
Needless to say, I chose the shortest and steepest street in the middle of nature: p

il bivio
la natura
dove passa la funicolare
foresta di bambù?

After about an hour of walking, on average, challenging (if you bring the water is better), you will finally come to Brunate.

From Brunate you can do other walks to see several tourist attractions, some kind nearby the church, the villa and the source, others more challenging. So if you are going to make nice hiking from Brunate, I recommend using the funicular to save breath (are 3 euro one way or 5,50 Euros outward / return) and then turn to walk to them ... of course starting early in the morning to take full advantage of the day.

fontana
ingranaggi
madonnina
chiesa di brunate
villa
panorama da brunate

I, having little time available and especially little energy, I saw only the nearest points.
I recommend going in the direction of the source, since there is a good vantage point.
Here is a video filmed by them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hjzz4ep7EU


Overall the trip to Brunate was very interesting, and I also made some interesting meetings (the second, the first actually has a bit 'scared me).

serpente
capretta

I believe that one day I will be back in Brunate, perhaps in funicular to save time and forces to be able to turn to them, because it's certainly worth it.
Below are a bit 'of photos taken in Brunate.

>> Brunate Photos <<