Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Thailand 2015: Koh Tao

Tags

Koh Tao is the smallest of the three famous islands of the south-eastern coast of Thailand, as well as my fourth stage in this beautiful journey to the land discovered the smile.

Thailandia 2015: Koh Tao

Getting to Koh Tao was easy and fairly inexpensive, I took a boat from Koh Phangan (read my post on Koh Phangan) and in an hour he brought me to the destination (this time from Italy booked with ferrysamui.com for the modest sum of 15 € per person) ... then take a taxi (12 Euros, a little 'dear indeed compared to the Thai media) in a quarter of an hour I arrived at their destination.

The island of Koh Tao is small but very steep, and some roads are really ostiche to practice in the event of adverse weather conditions.
I was in the south-east of the island in Tanote Bay, the Mountain Reef Beach Resort, a really nice resort (200 Euros about the room for 3 nights, to be divided into two) where I had a beautiful room right on the beach.

Koh Tao

The room was very spacious (it had to be for 4 people) but perhaps a little 'too spartan and natural ... beautiful to see but with contraindications that these accommodations may have.

Koh Tao bungalow
Koh Tao bagno
Koh Tao ragno

Being able to sit on the toilet knowing of the presence of spiders that our fees are considered great ... so it was not easy, and in fact I have received strong pressure for a change of room :-)

Spiders aside, the place was gorgeous.

The beach was a bit 'more than stony sand compared to that of Koh Phangan but the seabed ...
as soon as you walked in the water he began snorkeling, with large beautiful fish.

Was it thanks to the best time I found in Koh Tao, but for me this was the best vacation of snorkeling.

Koh Tao pesci
Koh Tao corallo
Koh Tao tartaruga

It is already the fourth globe trotters and, having found it very well to Tanote Bay, Koh Tao I was a bit 'lazy and I just turned the island.

The only excursion I did was to Shark Bay, where they arrived with a boat taxi directly from my beach (for the modest sum of 35 €, if you divide by a bit 'of people is not even so much .. . but paying just me ...).

Shark bay is named for the presence of some small sharks that have made the seabed near the shore their home.

Sharks are absolutely harmless and indeed, they are the ones to be afraid of you, and to be honest I'm not even very easy to spot, it took me more than three hours of hunting * * to do a couple of sightings, one of whom filmed bad way (better than nothing cmq: p).

Below the video playlist shot in Koh Tao, where you will also find that concerning the shark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwFi9zK4muw&list=PLCBrso9WwkFb4vTkp8T1Azh9Z5cjLKT6y


What else to say about Koh Tao?
Koh Tao I liked a lot and maybe one day maybe I will.

Where I was there was not much nightlife but for me it was better that way, I deliberately chose a quiet area because I'm one who prefers to live by day and sleep peaceful at night, without background music :-)

Next stop Koh Samui (read my post on Koh Samui), I leave the link to the photos taken in surface area, while snorkeling can be found by clicking here.

>> Koh Tao Photos <<