Saturday, October 22, 2016

China (2/10): Datong

Tags

Datong, the second leg of my trip to China.
Beijing (read my post on Beijing) I took a plane to Datong, another typical Chinese citizen.

Cina (2/10): Datong

Move to China is relatively simple because the major tourist areas are serviced by trains or planes.
At Datong fact, you can get there by plane in less than an hour, for the modest sum of 50 Euros.

But why go to Datong? Who has ever heard?
Well, Datong is certainly not a famous city, however, has two really must-see attractions, which will shortly explain.

Given the short time available to visit Datong, just arrived at the hotel we took a taxi right away ... and got hired I mean all day!
For only 40 Euros (but if you know to bargain can cost even less) we had the private driver for an entire day.
The taxi was required to visit the two attractions, both out of town, the first of which was: the hanging temple.

Datong tempio sospeso
Datong panorama

It is a temple built on the side of a mountain ... really impressive, but avoid it if you suffer from vertigo :)

After this exciting visit, our private taxi driver took us to visit the caves of Yungang, another truly memorable attraction.

Datong pagoda
Datong ponte
Datong statua
Datong rovine
Datong grotte yungang

The complex boasts a large park full of statues carved in the rock, many caves and a beautiful pagoda.

These were the two attractions I wanted to see in Datong (there were still high), then essendomele shoot right away on the first day, then I have devoted myself to wander the city.
It 'just walking aimlessly that are seen the most real things and you understand better how the locals live.
Again, alas, I saw that the city is a bit 'as Beijing, chaotic, dirty and all under construction, but also in rich neighborhoods full of stores for shopping.

Datong serpente
Datong ruota panoramica

Small chapter "work in progress": China is constantly moving, so almost every city I visited I came across areas under construction.
Beautiful, you say, were it not that the Chinese are not our safety standards.
Not only I say to the workers, but also for the people who is walking in the midst of construction sites in the open air, with rusty needles that protrude on the sidewalks, disturbing electrical wires and a lot of dust.
In short, the travel insurance is a must for a trip to China, and maybe even make vacinazione against tetanus is not a bad idea: p

Datong under costruction
Datong miseria
Datong strada rotta
Datong catapecchia

Oh yeah, I almost forgot another famous attraction that I've seen in Datong, wall of nine dragons.
Built to defend the castle from the spirits, now that wall is the only thing that remains of that fortress ... ironically: p

Datong muro dei 9 draghi

And since I had not sufficed those seen in Beijing, I also shot the Hutong of Datong.
Perhaps even more impressive than those of the capital ... at least for the bathrooms: p

Datong wc

I heard that they were breaking down all the Hutong to build a modern city, but then having seen that are very popular with tourists, they did turn around.

Below a little 'video made in Datong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdLEWms5boY&list=PLCBrso9WwkFZYRF6jGNDS_u3JIZYU6nMg



Datong overall I liked the attractions I visited, but we never live because of the problems already mentioned in the post of Beijing :-)

The next half of the trip is Pingyao, but this time you go by train!

I leave you with the photos taken in Datong:

>> Datong Photos <<