Sunday, February 19, 2017

Expo 2015 (Milan, Italy)

Tags

Despite having free tickets to go to the Expo 2015, I always put it, at least until now.
Perhaps because the main theme "Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life", I was fascinated by that much, although I admit that it is a fairly important issue: p

Anyway, finally today (actually yesterday, Wednesday, 12 August) and I decided in the early morning I went to visit the expo.

Expo 2015 esterno

To enter I found a lot of row.
It was 10 am and there was already a lot of people, but there were too many entries and so within minutes I passed the metal detector and I finally crossed the entrance of this huge exposure.

Expo 2015 capannoni

What strikes the expo is obviously its size.
The expo is located in Rho Milan (easily reached with the respective Red Line subway, by train, with several bus ... and obviously in the car) and occupies an area of ​​110 hectares.

In this vast area countries around the world they have their exhibition halls, each built with their own characteristic architecture and in food products, raw materials, but also much more.

Expo 2015 auto pane
Expo 2015 padiglione

There are small halls (such as those of the unknown African countries) and huge pavilions.

To visit the expo not just a day, mostly because the most beautiful halls and famous have queues even longer than two hours.

Expo 2015 code

For this reason, during my first and perhaps only visit the expo, I have given up visiting the most beautiful pavilions.
Farsi 2 hours queue under the sun to see a pavilion that you do not even know if we will like to me is unacceptable!
I wonder if it's always like that or if I caught me a particular influx day ... ok that's August, but was also a midweek day.
It was almost worse than the terrible queues all'Eurodisney Paris :-)

Expo 2015 coda
Expo 2015 coda allucinante

Waiting aside, a visit to the Expo 2015 is a must if you are in Italy, a bit 'less if you come especially from abroad.
For the city of Milan, in addition, the expo was an occasion of great improvement, as it were realized many works and renovations, one example is the dock.

Plus many photos, I also made some short videos, which I collected in this playlist.


Among the various attractions available at the expo, perhaps the most famous is the tree of life, also became known for the controversy created by its extreme similarity to those found in Singapore (read my post on Singapore).

Although not very original, the result in my opinion is still great.

Expo 2015 albero della vita

Well, but let's go ... I liked the expo? I go back?
Yes, I liked it, though perhaps seeing how much we have invested, I expected something better.
As mentioned before, the big problem of the expo are the long queues.
The wait ruined everything and in some cases (as in mine) actually does give up the visit of the pavilions.
So I guess I will not go back, partly because entry costs too much and I have no more free tickets, at most I would go in the evening ... but costing little I already imagine the crush ...

Whereas everything will then be dismantled (apart from the beautiful fountains that distributed free drinking water, including sparkling, which will be reinstalled in some countries dell'interland Milan) I wonder what sense do these shows where you work for years to focus all in a few months.
I would have left everything open for years, in order to distribute the flow of people and make it more livable.
Of course you do not have a spike in earnings as now, and it's hard to keep up such a large structure for so long, but maybe it was worth a try ...

Well, that's all, I hope not to have discouraged too :-)
If you have not already done so, you can visit the expo until 31 October 2015 (the exhibition opened its doors on May 1, 2015).
Enjoy the show with more than 200 pictures I took at the Expo.

>> Expo 2015 Photos <<