Monday, November 21, 2016

Aldea de San Nicolas (Gran Canaria, Canaries)

Tags

Aldea de San Nicolas, also known as San Nicolas of Tolentino or La Aldea (village) is one of Gran Canaria town located to the extreme east of the island.
Surrounded by mountains and located in a large valley, this town, the Lonely Planet describes it as anonymous, in fact to me is not sorry at all.

Aldea de San Nicolas

Actually I would have never visited La Aldea de San Nicolas if I had not had to go to Agaete, and there have even been a little, but I have to say that I think this city has its why.
It will be the location of its isolated (few bus pass), or the fact that apart from the Spaniards, there are no other tourists, but I liked La Aldea.

How to get to Aldea de San Nicolas
To get to Aldea de San Nicolas from Playa de Ingles must first get to Puerto de Mogan by bus 32, then from there you take the 38, which in an hour takes you to your destination.
The road to get to Aldea de San Nicolas is beautiful as inaccessible, it is in fact a stretch of uphill road made from many turns.
Among other things, the driver drove like a site, and in addition to the heat teneveva the open front door ... so I could see more closely the island mountain panorama: p

panorama aldea road

In Aldea de San Nicolas I was still little, as I had to leave for Agaete. I then did a quick tour of the old town, I saw the church, some square, some colorful house ... in short, the usual things: p
I saw that there were still a number of museums that you could visit, so I think this town is a little 'underestimated, but I bet that sooner or later will come his moment.

Aldea de San Nicolas strade
murales Aldea de San Nicolas
bandierine Aldea de San Nicolas

Below a video made in the streets of Aldea de San Nicolas:
https://youtu.be/43QqRj_k7mw


I do not think I will return to Aldea de San Nicolas, but it was still a positive experience.
Below a bit 'of photos, including those of the spectacular trip to La Aldea.

>> Aldea de San Nicolas Photos <<