Thursday, October 27, 2016

Philippines 2014 (4/4): Cebu

Tags

But if in the Philippines I visited only 3 locations because I am speaking of Cebu?
Simple, because in Cebu've been there almost every step, and I even slept there a couple of nights.

Filippine 2014 (4/4): Cebu

In fact, the more astute of you may argue about this statement of mine, since I was not actually in Cebu City, but on the small island named Mactan Island, also known as Lapu-Lapu.

The choice of staying in Mactan Island and not in Cebu City, was dictated by two main reasons: one is the convenience of the airport just a few minutes by taxi, the other the fact that Cebu City had read that it was a little 'sleazy.

Mind you, it is not firing on you if you go around during the day, some of our cities are also the most infamous, but in the end I could not find a good reason to visit yet another Asian city, predominance; I was not even in Manila.

After all on this trip, I came from Singapore and then I would go to Hong Kong, so I thought it was useless to waste precious time to visit another urban center, which for as particular, it would be far less of these beautiful cities.

In Lapu-Lapu people seem to live cheaply, the streets are dusty and traveling with economic Jeepney.

Filippine 2014 Cebu
Mactan Island galli
Mactan Island

What struck me about Mactan Island, but also of other locations visited in the Philippines, is the incredible number of kiosks selling drinks and snacks.
With the heat that is in effect, selling to drink is a good business :)
Prices for us in the West are obviously very low, so any occasone was good to stop and drink a Samurai cool :)

However Lapu-Lapu is not just an island that is home to an airport, but it also has some beautiful beaches and a few luxury resorts.
I was close to the airport for convenience, at the Hotel Cesario, very cheap and with acceptable standards ... and here we come to the second thing that struck me in the Philippines: the presence of armed guards at the entrance of some hotels and shops .
On one side you feel more secure, we are thinking on the other by the local hazard: o

A Mactan Island I went to visit the Mactan Shrine.
A park / museum which houses an impressive statue of Lapu-Lapu.
As those Lapu-Lapu?
Lapu-Lapu, also said Cilapulapu, was the warrior who in 1521 defeated and killed the explorer / invader Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan.
Basically Lapu-Lapu is a kind of national hero: p

Mactan Shrine lapu lapu
Mactan Shrine cebu
Mactan Shrine

Well, what I had to say about Cebu, Mactan Island on the contrary, I have told you.

To summarize my trip to the Philippines, I was in: And obviously Cebu / Lapu-Lapu, who always found in Central Visayas: p

Overall it was a very nice holiday and full of low cost and in this regard I wanted to tell you about the off-season speech.
Going on vacation in the off season can be a risk due to the uncertain climate (especially in places like the Philippines, where you can also catch you a typhoon), but however you can save a lot and enjoy the various attractions with few tourists.
In some cases tourists were just absent, as in the beautiful Sabang Beach (Palawan), or as in some restaurants where we were the only customers.
Not to mention the resort in Bohol, where we were the only guests and treated us like royalty ... gorgeous!
In short, for lovers of peace and privacy, the off season is ok :)

What about this trip? Absolutely to be redone!
After all there are more than 7,000 islands that I have not seen in the Philippines :)

I leave the link to the photos made in Mactan Island / Cebu, I am not much, but better than nothing :)

>> Cebu Photos <<