Thursday, October 27, 2016

Singapore 2014 Trip

Tags

To be honest, a visit to Singapore was not really planned on this trip.
The initial idea was to just visit the Philippines, with the intention of studying them to evaluate the feasibility to drop everything and go live it: p
Unfortunately, despite having started Espying flights as early as October, I have not found any valid offer, so when I saw a flight to Singapore to 280 Euros, I did not have let him get away.

Singapore is less than four hours by plane from the Philippines, so I said, "why do not you visit Singapore?"
And so, it flies to Singapore!
The only drawback to this air travel were 8 hours of direct flights to Jeddah, a real nightmare!
I imagined one of those airports full of shops where time flies, however the airport of Jeddah is a hole and is also an important stopover for those who go to Mecca, so let's say that's not exactly a place where you feel at home: )

Scalo monstrous aside, after a total trip of I do not know how many hours, we finally arrive in Singapore.

Singapore

What you say around Singapore is true, it is a very clean city.
But what perhaps not all they tell you is that in August in Singapore is hot as hell :)

Anyway, the first day in Singapore I visited the following places: Raffles Hotel, City Link Mall, Suntec City Mall.
The first is a very famous hotel, the other two are two huge shopping centers.

Raffles Hotel Singapore
City Link Mall
Suntec City Mall

The second day I visited the Zoo, the Southern ridges and Vivo City.
The Southern ridges is a picturesque bridge / catwalk that lets you see from the jungle surrounding the city.
While the Vivo City is another mall.
Not that I'm a fan of shopping centers, but in Singapore there are so many, and they are all gigantic and beautiful to look at the architectural level.

Southern ridges
Southern ridges lavori
Southern ridges singapore
Vivo City singapore

The third day I visited instead: Gardens by the Bay, Singapore Flyer, Marina Bay Sands, Merlion, Yue Hwa Chinese Products, Sri Mariamman Temple, Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, Chinatown Complex, Baba House, Haw Par Villa, Botanic gardens.
For reasons of time (read the want) I will not explain every single attraction, though some are certainly worth a few words of explanation.

Gardens by the Bay is practically a huge park where there are various plants and sculptures.
And 'from them that we have copied the tree of life Expo 2015: p

Gardens by the Bay
Gardens by the Bay piante
Gardens by the Bay bambino

The Merlion is a statue / fountain depicting a dragon, symbol of Singapore.


Merlion singapore

Then, as you may have seen from the names that I wrote just above, I visited a bit 'of Indian temples, in the Indian part of Singapore (Little India Style).
If in the future I will not have the opportunity to visit India, at least I will have seen what they look like the typical Hindu temples.

quartiere indiano di Singapore
quartiere indiano Singapore
quartiere indiano Singapore templi

We then talk of Haw Par Villa?
A beautiful park full of statues of gods and monsters, all open to visitors free of charge.
Free is indeed the watchword for Singapore, given that most of the attractions are free.
And I talk about much more beautiful sights of some ciofeche that here in Italy we do well to pay;)

Haw Par Villa
Haw Par Villa singapore
statua libertà singapore

Even the Botanic gardens are a free attraction in Singapore not to be missed.

Botanic gardens
Botanic gardens singapore
Botanic gardens singapur

The last day in Singapore I then visited Sultan mosque, Masjid Abdul Gafoor Mosque, Little India Arcade, Tan house, Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, Mustafa Centre, Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple, Ion Sky, Emerald Hill Rd, Bugis street market.

Or, other temples, mosques, shopping malls, a market and some typical streets of Singapore.

One thing that really struck me about Singapore, a part of the impressive skyscrapers, are the colors of the houses in some neighborhoods of the city.

singapore case
singapore street color
singapore case

My trip to Singapore lasted only four days but I saw so many things.
I believe that to visit Singapore in peace enough a week, I with fewer days I really trotted to be able to see as many things as possible.

Here is the link to the video I made in Singapore:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCBrso9WwkFbDAL39KAIRfPrVGuNgXXsa



Complex in Singapore is a city that I liked a lot, maybe not enough to think of living there, but definitely visit it was a positive experience.

I then took a plane from Singapore in less than four hours it took me to the Philippines!

Greetings from Singapore and do not forget to look at the photo album linked below!

>> Singapore Photos <<