Sunday, October 23, 2016

China (6/10): Lijiang

Tags

Lijiang is a nice town in Yunnan province, southern China.
Its Old Town of Lijiang was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and every year thousands and thousands of tourists visit it.

Cina (6/10): Lijiang

To get to Lijiang I took a plane from Chengdu (read my post on Chengdu), then I took a shuttle from the airport and arrived in Lijiang new city, where for me it is did bring in a taxi into the old town.

Actually it was not at all easy to find the hostel and had it not been for a friendly Chinese tourist who made us as interpreter, I do not know how we would have done in that maze of viuzzole.
I was very surprised to see how almost no one knew the location of the hostel, yet it is a small town, everyone should know :)
Thanks to the young Chinese have also booked bus tickets for the next stop to think about it ... well, I do not know how we would have done without that guy, he really saved us because the owner of the hostel did not speak English I miss!

However, mistakes aside, here we are at the hostel.
Really nice I have to say, and of course also economic.

Lijiang ostello
Lijiang letto

The program in Lijiang was very simple ... turn random through the narrow streets of the city!
If I understand it, years ago the city was destroyed by an earthquake and then completely rebuilt, then we say it is a bit 'an artificial town for tourists ... but who cares, the result is excellent!

Lijiang uccello
Lijiang foto
Lijiang sera

The second day in Lijiang we rented a bike and went to see the village of Shuhe, just as beautiful and quaint, and perhaps even less crowded.
Then we wanted to go see a Dr. Ho, a "doctor" who became famous for his "recipes" and for his advice (or so I recall), who resides in the village of Baisha ... just that we were lost and not the 'we found: p
Still, it was nice for cycling around Chinese villages and in the countryside.

Lijiang bici
Lijiang panorama
Lijiang porta

Small aside food:
As mentioned in the post of Beijing, the food in China do not like.
I said no food in China and Chinese food because the food we eat in Chinese restaurants here in Italy instead I love (is the Cantonese cuisine).
Think that not even the fast food you save! Well at Mcdonald I managed to order a horrible sandwich with spicy sauces strange ... yuck!
But there is something that usually you save on these trips: the food stall!
Skewers of meat, fish, eggs and other foods ... all very good and above all economic :)
The kebabs we have eaten many Chinese in these holidays and in Lijiang we have tasted really delicious.

Lijiang spiedino

Below I leave the link to the video playlist shot in Lijiang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeAZRRXal7g&list=PLCBrso9WwkFbjcXM8nw42t4J8lGR-e4r8



Well, next Shangri-stage (read my post on Shangri-la)!

Before leaving, I leave the link to the album of photos I made in Lijiang.
I recommend you watch it because some shots are not bad :)

>> Lijiang Photos <<